Harry Joiner recently tagged me for a little blog game that came to him from Dennis Smith. Now, I have absolutely no idea who Dennis is, but I'm sure he's a cool guy. Such is the way of the Internet. Here are my answers--post yours if they're worthy.
Four Jobs I've Had
Before I had entry-level jobs at nifty places like Jazz at Lincoln Center and Vanguard Documentaries, and before I got into the e-commerce and online marketing world 12 years ago working for brands including A&E, The History Channel, and now Musician's Friend, I cut my teeth on jobs like:
- Manuscript Reader: There are many people in the world who think they are great writers. Don't believe them!!
- Concertmaster: Mostly, I just tried not to trip.
- ESL Tutor at a Prison: The men I taught at Fishkill gave me some of the most helpful life advice, such as: make sure to always have driver's licenses from at least two different states...
- Caterer: Made me realize that I really enjoy cooking, but not for hundreds of people at once. Too sweaty.
Four Movies I Can Watch Over and Over
- Aliens: Game over, man! Game over!
- La Femme Nikita: Luc Besson at his best.
- Contact: I want to be Jodie Foster in this movie.
- The Good, the Bad and the Ugly: Spaghetti westerns and Clint Eastwood. A match made in heaven.
Four TV Shows I Love to Watch
- Gilmore Girls: The best-written show on TV
- The Sopranos: Except that I think I actually like Six Feet Under more. Oh well.
- Star Trek: The Next Generation: I was going to put Amazing Race which I do like quite a bit, but if I'm honest with myself, I could watch 24 hours of TNG and DS9 reruns--oh wait, isn't that Spike TV? (Sorry, Keith)
- Battlestar Galactica (new): My new fave!
Honorable Mention goes to McLaughlin Group..."Bye, Bye!"
Four Places I've Been on Vacation
- Jaisalmer, India: The best camel trek of my life
- Zihuatanejo, Mexico: The best fresh abalone of my life
- The Grand Canyon: Did a rim-to-rim of GC in 2 days--go if you've never been
- St. Martin: Blue water, yummy croissants, and naked people
Four Favorite Dishes
- My mom's black bean tacos
- pav bhaji
Four Places I'd Rather Be
Right now, actually nowhere. I loved living in NYC, but I'm having a glass of wine on my deck overlooking the Oregon mountains which isn't such a bad life either. But there are a few places I'd like to visit soon, including Barcelona, Buenos Aires, Costa Rica, Turkey, and Mongolia.
Four Bloggers I'm Tagging
TBD...do I even know four other bloggers??
And speaking of bloggers I don't know, here's a great cartoon from hugh macleod.